Tuesday, June 16, 2020
Kyber, a Companyons, Inc. product
We collect and process your account credentials to provide you the Service. Your account credentials may include the name, username, workplace you entered when signing up with Slack and are explicitly regulated by the Slack permission you grant the Service at installation on Slack. If you create an account through the Service outside Slack, we will store an encrypted version of your password. If you connect your account to a third party service, we store your authentication token to enable this access. Kyber does not use your account credentials for any other purpose.
User entered Data
We collect and process the data you enter, such as to-dos, reminders, events, polls, announcements, surveys, locations, notes, email addresses, messages, as well as the status of each item (e.g. invite accepted, task done, poll voted, announcement read). Kyber uses this information solely to provide you the Service.
We collect and process your email address to provide you the Service, carry out transactions you authorize and communicate with you. For example, we might use your email address to request feedback or provide updates and notifications regarding the Service. Such communications are extremely rare, if any. You may control promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out of promotional messages, you may still receive emails from us relating to your account and the Service (e.g., relating to product updates, password resets, etc.). These account communications are part of the Service, and account holders cannot opt out of receiving these account communications.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
Calendar, Reminders, Address Book Data (legacy)
When the Service is used in conjunction with the optional mobile app, we collect and process your calendar, reminders and address book data, imported and synced upon your approval from iOS stock apps. Calendar, reminders, address book data includes your schedule, the content of your calendar, reminders, address book entries, and associated information from the local calendar, reminders, address book on your device as well as third-party sites, applications and services. Your calendar, reminders, address book data may contain meetings, appointments, birthdays, addresses, messages, contact information (e.g. email addresses or phone numbers) and other attachments. Kyber uses this information solely to provide you the Service. You can opt in or opt out of calendar, reminders, address book services at any time in Settings.
Location Information (legacy)
If you allow the Service access to your location on the optional mobile app, we collect and process location information from your device while the app is running. We use this information to help provide and improve the Service and tailor content to your location. For example, we may use your location to match the closest addresses and places you enter, adjust your schedule to account for your current time zone or help provide you with directions to your next event. You can opt in or opt out of location services at any time in Settings.
Device Information (legacy)
When you download or use one of our applications or integrations, we will collect and process certain information about your device, such as your device type, operating system and version, and unique device IDs and IP address. We use this information to personalize your experience and provide and improve our Service.
Like most web services and websites, we log information about your use of the Service, including the type of browser or device you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Service. We use this information to personalize your experience and provide and improve our Service.
If you encounter problems with the Service, you may contact us for technical support by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain communications related to support issues in order to provide and improve the Service.
We use the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To provide customer support
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To gather analysis or valuable information to improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer unless you have opted not to receive such information
We may disclose information about you in the following circumstances:
- If you direct or authorize the disclosure.
- As necessary to provide the Service, including sharing information with third parties who store or manage your calendars and related information, upon you granting access to those calendars.
- If we believe in good faith that we must disclose information: to protect the rights or property of our company or other users, including to prevent fraud or to enforce our agreements or policies governing your use of the Service; or, if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary, to protect the personal safety of our personnel, users, or the public.
- If we sell or reorganize all or part of our business, we may disclose user information to a third party who acquires us or all or part of our assets, as permitted by law.
- To vendors, consultants and other service providers as necessary to provide services for us (such as customer support, email marketing, and technical infrastructure services).
We also share aggregated statistical information with our analytics partners, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Finally, we may access, disclose and preserve your personal information, including the content you submitted or granted access to, when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process from competent authorities, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of the Service, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury;
- operate and maintain the security of the Service, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
- protect our rights or property, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the Service – however, if we receive information indicating that someone is using the Service to traffic in our stolen intellectual or physical property, we will not inspect a customer’s private content ourselves, but we may refer the matter to law enforcement.
Please note that the Service may include links to or from sites or services of third parties that have privacy practices different from ours. If you submit personal information to any of those sites or services, your information is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties. This includes Calendar, Reminders, Address Book Data that is synced with third-party services upon you granting us access to them.
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures such as data encryption at rest and data encryption in transit to help protect data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We encrypt the data you provide and store it on computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities in USA (North Virginia) and EU (Ireland); your information is also backed up and encrypted. Any information sent or received from Slack or third party services linked to your account is transmitted via a secure connection.
If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share it. If you are sharing a computer, you should always log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
Special Note to International Users
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that Companyons, Inc. is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the (hopefully) unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
How to Contact Us
If you need more information, please contact us at email@example.com.